We have an exciting opportunity for a clinical dietitian with at least 12 months post-grad experience to join our team. This is a full-time role, Mon – Fri with flexible working hours.
This newly created position will suit a dietitian who has successfully completed their 12 month practice supervision period and is ready to pursue their interest in bariatrics. You will work closely the MercyAscot dietitian team and the multi-disciplinary team at Auckland Weight Loss Surgery. You will receive on the job training in bariatrics with mentorship & monthly professional supervision in a friendly and supportive environment. You will also have the opportunity to gain experience in surgical wards and with patients receiving radiotherapy.
Duties will include:
- Provision of clinical dietetic services to patients having bariatric surgery
- Working with the patient, their family/whanau and the multidisciplinary team to promote optimal patient outcomes
- Maintain a clinical caseload as agreed with Charge Dietitian Manager
- Working closely with leading specialists and with our nursing teams under the umbrella of the Pharmacy and Allied health Teams
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- New Zealand Registered Dietitian with a current APC
- Successfully completed 12 month post grad practice supervision
- Have experience in the outpatient clinic setting
- You must be able to demonstrate sound clinical reasoning, good communication skills, and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its application to health and improving health outcomes for Māori
We offer a competitive package that includes financial support for continuing education, payment of your practicing certificate and professional membership, free car parking at both our Epsom and Greenlane sites, an annual Christmas and New Year shut down period, and many other benefits.
MercyAscot is a part of the Healthcare Holdings Group of companies and is New Zealand’s largest private surgical facility with 22 theatres across 3 sites including an Intensive Care Unit and Coronary Care facilities. Our surgical specialties include: Colorectal/Gastro, Gynae, Urology, Neurology, Oncology, Plastics (incl flaps), ENT/ORL, Orthopaedic/Spinal, Head & Neck, and Cardiac/Vascular. Our patients are both adults and children.
If this sounds like the role for you – please click APPLY now. Or for more information please contact Katie Lambert on 027 483 1950 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on Wednesday 30 November 2022, however we reserve the right to close applications earlier should a sufficient number of suitable applications be received
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com