Dietitians New Zealand (Dietitians NZ) is New Zealand’s professional association for registered dietitians.
The association has over 600 members. The majority of members are registered dietitians, however, we also have associate members who are either scientists with nutrition qualifications or dietitians who are not currently practicing.
Dietitians NZ have a National Office in Wellington, seven branches and 16 Special Interest Groups [SIGs]. The organisation is governed by a Council and employs a Chief Executive Officer, a Dietetic Communications Adviser and an Office Manager
- Auckland, being Greater Auckland, including Northland
- Waikato-Bay of Plenty, being the North Island to the north of a line extending from Waitara in the West to Tolaga Bay in the East but excluding Greater Auckland
- Central District, being the North Island to the south of such a line extending from Waitara in the west to Tolaga Bay in the east but excluding Greater Wellington
- Wellington, being Greater Wellington
- Northern South Island, being Nelson, Marlborough and the West Coast
- Christchurch, being Greater Christchurch, including Ashburton and Timaru
- Southern District, being the balance of the South Island excluding greater Christchurch
Special Interest Groups (SIGs): One of the key roles of the SIGs is to provide expert advice and feedback on submissions relevant to their area of practice and represent Dietitians NZ on specific forums relevant to their expertise. Members of each SIG are located throughout the country and provide collegial support to each other via email, teleconferences and newsletters.